Accolades, Award or Notable Achievements
- Co-presenters of “Development of an Occupation-Based Job Readiness Assessment Targeting Youth Involved in the Justice System” at AOTA Annual Conference & Expo, April 2016
- Co-authoring an article on the content validity of the work readiness assessment tool for the American Journal of Occupational Therapy
- Co-authoring an article for OT Practice entitled, “Returning to our occupational roots through assessment: Developing an occupation-based work readiness assessment tool for youth involved in the justice system”
- Recruiting and training occupational therapists, marriage and family therapists, and social workers on the work readiness assessment tool we developed
- Collecting and analyzing data from these participants in order to establish content validity for the assessment tool we developed
I developed a unique occupation-based work readiness assessment tool that serves to guide my role in connecting youth on probation with paid job training programs that best fit their individual skills, strengths, and needs.
Genevieve Cyrs, MS, OTR/L received her undergraduate degree in marketing from Eastern Illinois University and her graduate degree in occupational therapy from Boston University. Genevieve has expertise in mental health and works at OTTP-SF and Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital. She loves working with youth and advocating for social justice and mental health causes