Accolades, Award or Notable Achievements
- Co-presenters of “Development of an Occupation-Based Job Readiness Assessment Targeting Youth Involved in the Justice System” at AOTA Annual Conference & Expo, April 2016
- Co-authoring an article on the content validity of the work readiness assessment tool for the American Journal of Occupational Therapy
- Co-authoring an article for OT Practice entitled, “Returning to our occupational roots through assessment: Developing an occupation-based work readiness assessment tool for youth involved in the justice system”
- Recruiting and training occupational therapists, marriage and family therapists, and social workers on the work readiness assessment tool we developed
- Collecting and analyzing data from these participants in order to establish content validity for the assessment tool we developed
"Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world." - Desmond Tutu
Christine Haworth, MA, OTR/L first became passionate about working with disenfranchised urban youth while in the occupational therapy program at the University of Southern California. After graduating, she served as a Peace Corps volunteer in Paraguay, during which she worked to further encourage social development within juvenile detention facilities, community awareness of disabilities, and the development of programs for female empowerment.